In order to send PO, your Basis team must configure the system first so that external email can be send out from SAP. If it is not configured, no settings you do on MM will work.
1. You must maintain email address in vendor master data.
2. The same applies to your user master data. For the output type for default values, a communication strategy needs
to be maintained in the Customizing that supports the e-mail. You can find the definition of the communication strategy in the
Customizing via the following path:
(SPRO -> IMG -> SAP Web Application Server -> Basic Services -> Message Control -> Define Communication Strategy).
As a default, communication strategy CS01 is delivered. This already contains the necessary entry for the external communication. Bear in mind that without a suitable communication strategy it is not possible to communicate with a partner via Medium 5 (external sending).
3. Use the standard SAP environment (program ‘SAPFM06P’, FORM routine ‘ENTRY_NEU’ and form ‘MEDRUCK’) as the processing routines.
4. In the condition records for the output type (for example, Transaction MN04), use medium ‘5’ (External send).
5. You can use Transaction SCOT to trigger the output manually. The prerequisite for a correct sending is that the node is set correctly. This is not described here, but it must have already been carried out.
6. To be able to display, for example, the e-mail in Outlook, enter PDF as the format in the node.