Exporting the Contents of Spool Requests
You want to export the contents of a spool request in one of the following ways:
● As a text file to the SAP GUI working directory
● Unconverted or as a table, RTF, or HTML to a directory of your choice
● As a PDF file to a directory of your choice
Exporting to the SAP GUI Working Directory
If you are exporting large quantities of data, downloading the spool request as a text file to the SAP GUI working directory is a good solution.
Choose Spool Request ® Forward® Export as Text.
The entire text is stored in your SAP GUI working directory in ASCII format.
A file of this type is named using the following pattern:
You require appropriate authorization from your administrator for this function.
Exporting Unconverted or as a Table, RTF, or HTML to a Directory of Your Choice
The contents of the spool request are first displayed. You then download the contents in the format of your choice to a directory of your choice.
1. Select the spool request to be exported and choose Display Contents.
2. For SAPscript/Smart Forms documents, activate the list display by choosing Goto.
3. Choose System ® List ® Save ® Local File.
4. Select a format and confirm your choice.
5. Select a directory and save the spool request.
By default, only the first 10 pages of a spool request are saved in a file. You can increase the number of pages to be saved by choosing Goto ® Display Requests ® Settings and making the desired entries in the Display Area group box.
Exporting as PDF File
You want to export the contents of a spool request as a PDF file to a directory of your choice, and print the file. The PDF file contains the print data in the format in which it will be output by the printer.
The following procedure is irrelevant when printing PDF-based forms, since a PDF file is already returned with this method. See also Displaying and Printing PDF-Based Forms.
You also require authorization from your administrator to run this report.
The PDF file is generated as follows with report RSTXPDFT4:
1. Generate a spool request from the document to be printed.
2. In transaction SE38, start report rstxpdft4.
3. In the displayed window, enter the spool request number and the directory in which the PDF file is to be stored.
Leave the Download PDF File option selected.
4. In the next window, confirm or change the path where the file is be stored.
Save your entries.
5. The system displays a log from which you can see whether the report was successfully performed.
You can then open the file from the directory and print it.
Restrictions for Exporting as a PDF File
● The PDF conversion only supports true bar codes for Smart Forms, which were generated with the new bar code technology with SAP NetWeaver 2004. In all other cases, the bar code is only simulated.
● PDF conversion, especially of ABAP lists, is slower and is therefore not suitable for mass printing. However, you can speed up the conversion to PDF using the FASTLISTCONV option in report RSTXPDF3.
● The font selection for ABAP lists is predefined in the PDF converter and cannot be changed.
For more information about constraints, see SAP Note 323736 on the SAP Service Marketplace.