SAP version used for this post: SAP ECC (ERP Central Component) 5.0
In some cases it is possible to change the Material Type of a Material Master.
- Configuration of both material types must be similar (see transaction OMS2 – Material Type configuration)
- There should be no open PO’s against this material
- There should be no valuated stock against this material
- There should be no open line items against vendors for this material (see transaction FBL1N – Vendor Line Item display)
Material Type can be changed using transaction MMAM
Menu: Logistics > Material Management > Material Master > Material > Change Material Type (tcode MMAM)
- Type in material master number
- Indicate new Material Type
A message will indicate if it was successfull or not. And if not why. For example here it failed due to valuated stock and open purchase orders that exists.